The world needs more trees. Trees stop erosion, produce oxygen, offset carbon emissions, remove toxins from the soil and water and provide food and habitats for many people and animals. Children around the world will suffer most from the impacts of climate change but they also hold the future of the planet in their hands. Having a Love Tree of their own to grow with them is great way to inspire them and show them that they have the power to make the world a better place.
What can I do to help?
• Give: Contribute to Love Trees children’s tree planting and environmental education programs. Each $5 (or more) contribution helps Love Trees set-up and run programs that will put a Love Tree in the hands of school children in Haiti, Africa and North America. Help educate kids, provide future food sources, alleviate poverty and provide natural disaster tree relief. Love Trees is not a charity and does not issue tax receipts.
• Individuals and businesses can become Love Trees Partners – it’s a powerful way to support our global Children’s Wish Tree Program.
• Dedicate a Love Tree: Love Trees kid’s environmental program has been created to give as many children as possible a Love Tree of their own to plant – so order lots of Love Tree certificates! We have more requests for trees from kids and teachers than we can fill. The more certificates you order – the more kids can have a tree of their own.
• Follow Love Trees on Facebook and Twitter to help spread the word about our Children’s Wish Tree Program.
• Email your drawings of trees, photos of you and your favourite tree and / or you planting your Love Tree to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in The Tree Gallery.
• Share your Wish for the Planet on Twitter, your blog, Facebook… Include the #wish4theplanet tag and a link tohttp://www.charitree-foundation.org/make-a-wish-for-the-planet so we can share your wish for the planet with the world!
How much does each tree cost?
Love Trees pays to buy and deliver trees to children through schools and other children’s organizations. This costs more than some programs that just plant huge fields of trees. Love Trees pays a variety of prices for trees depending on where the trees are going. We have payed anywhere from about $1/tree to $25/tree. Obviously purchasing and delivering a spruce tree for a child in North America costs less than purchasing a fruit tree for a child in rural Africa.
Who can I buy a Love Tree certificate for?
Anyone. Love Trees are powerful corporate promotions and they are TREEmendous Earth Day trees, green wedding gifts, fifth anniversary gifts (the 5th anniversary is wood), birthday trees, party trees, thank you trees, teacher’s gifts, memory trees and more ~ anything to put one more tree in the hands of a child.
Where can I buy those cute Love Trees t-shirts?
Does Love Trees offer options for Green Weddings?
No we don’t sell wedding seedlings. Another idea is Wedding Tree Certificates: Order as many trees planted as you want in honor of your wedding or guests, add a special message to your tree planting certificate and either:
• mail a printed copy (printed on 100% tree-free recycled paper – available at Staples) to each of your guests with their thank you note or as a thank you note;
• frame a certificate and put it in the middle of each table at the reception or just have one at the gift table;
• roll a certificate up and tie it with a ribbon matching the wedding colors then place one at each place setting.
What’s the difference between Love Trees and The ChariTREE Foundation?
Both organizations are children’s environmental education and tree planting programs. The ChariTREE Foundations is a registered Canadian charity and issues tax receipts for donations.
Love Trees does not issue tax receipts but operates globally. Love Trees is a social enterprise rooted in giving and donates a portion of profits to The ChariTREE Foundation. “Social entrepreneurship is the act of recognizing a social problem and innovating a solution using entrepreneurial principles. While business entrepreneurs seek profits and returns, social entrepreneurs measure their successes in social or environmental change.” (-mashable)
While ChariTREE does some work outside Canada, most trees go to Canadian children due to the red tape governing Canadian charities working outside Canada. It is a lot easier and faster for Love Trees to get trees to children abroad so Love Trees mostly donates trees to children in developing countries. Both organizations get thousands of requests for trees and both are needed to give as many children as we can a tree of their own.